Yes Shelter for Youth and Families
Mission, Vision, Values
– YES works to reduce and prevent homelessness by providing shelter, education and transitional supports for youth and families in Peterborough and the Kawarthas.
– All youth and families in our community are supported to lead full and positive lives.
YES provides emergency shelter to youth and families in crisis. We serve roughly 250 new clients every year, in addition to many who have stayed at the shelter before. In addition to emergency housing, we offer support to youth and families through:
The shelter is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Homelessness prevention services through the 211 Program
- Longer term transitional housing through our Rise Youth Housing Program
- The Carriage House Onsite alternative classroom (in partnership with Kawartha Pine Ridge School Board)
- Food and clothing cupboard that serves both shelter clients and youth who have experienced housing insecurity in the community
- Outreach staff dedicated to housing clients and connecting them with the community support services that they need
< Visit the Shop
Connect with Yes Shelter for Youth and Families on Social Media!